RSS

1 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp each cloves & nutmeg
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 C chopped nuts (opt.)

Preheat oven to 450°. Grease muffin tin, or line it with paper baking cups.

In a medium bowl, beat sugar, oil and butter. Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy. Mix in pumpkin.

In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Add to sugar mixture and stir just until mixed.

Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full, then bake for 20 minutes.

*Note: you can double this recipe to make three loaves of pumpkin bread, instead of muffins. Grease the loaf pans well, and bake for 60 minutes at 325°, or until a toothpick poked into the center comes out clean.

Advertisements

6 Comments

Posted by on November 5, 2011 in Baking, Breads, Recipes

Tags: , , ,

6 responses to “Got Pumpkin?

1. Sarah

November 21, 2011 at 2:01 am

I have all the ingredients. I think I’ll have to make these. 🙂

2. Aunt Alice

November 21, 2011 at 4:53 am

You should. They’d make a nice breakfast before classes, or a nice, warm snack afterward! Let me know how they turn out for you.

3. Sarah

November 22, 2011 at 2:07 pm

My pumpkin was moldy. 😦 Do you think this would work with applesauce though?

4. Sarah

November 22, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I made my usual muffin recipie and added the spices from this recipe. It was really good, but not pumpkin muffin good.

• Aunt Alice

November 22, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Poor Sarah. I guess we’ll just have to make pumpkin muffins when you’re home for Christmas.

5. Aunt Alice

November 22, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Too bad about your pumpkin. 😦 I’ve used half applesauce and half pumpkin in this recipe before, and I think using all applesauce should work fine. Applesauce isn’t usually as thick as pumpkin, so you might want to add just a little more flour.